Showing all 12 results
Showing all 12 results
Hydrocodone is an opiate pain killer medicine which is used in the treatment of moderate to severe pain. It is used to treat the patients who are expected to need this medication around the clock for an extended period and cannot be treated with other medicines. It comes in a class of medicines called narcotic analgesics (opiate painkiller). Hydrocodone works by altering the way the nervous system and the brain responds to pain. Most common uses of Hydrocodone are:
- Severe Pain
- Pain of Cancer
- Pain in the lower back
- Back pain
- Pain of C-Section
- Muscle pain
How to use Hydrocodone
Hydrocodone is available as an extended-release capsule and an extended-release tablet to be taken by mouth. The extended-release pill of Hydrocodone is usually taken once every 12 hours. Read the medication instructions provided by the doctor before you start taking the dosage of Hydrocodone or whenever you get a refill. Consult with your doctor, or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand about the medication. Take the dosage of Hydrocodone exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet as soon as you put it in the mouth with enough water. Do not presoak, lick the tablets. Take the dosages of Hydrocodone orally by mouth as directed by the physician. Take this medicine with or without food. It is advised to take this medicine after a meal if you have nausea. Consult with your doctor about other ways to prevent nausea. Dosage of this medicine always depends on the medical condition of the patient, age, and response to the medication. The patient should never alter the treatment of this medicine, take it more often than prescribed, or continue it for a longer time without consulting health care provider.
Side effects of Hydrocodone
- Dry mouth
- Uncontrollable shaking
Consult with your doctor if these common side effects are severe and don’t go away.
Serious side effects
Seek emergency medical help if you encounter serious side effects of this medication, which includes:
- Severe or rapid seizures
- Slurred speech
- Memory loss
- Extreme confusion
- Extreme excitement
- Trouble sleeping
- Changes in sex drive
- Excessive sweating
- Before taking the dosage of this medicine, tell your doctor if you are allergic to it, or have any other allergies.
- Do not take the medication of Hydrocodone if you have head injuries, sleep apnea, asthma, kidney disease, or liver disease.
- Consumption of this medicine may make you feel dizzy, do not drive any vehicle, or operate any machinery until you do not feel dizzy.
- Before having any surgery, tell your doctor about the products you are using, including prescription drugs.
- Do not consume alcohol or any alcoholic beverage when you have a dose of this medicine.
- Older adults are more sensitive to the side effects of this medication.
- Do not use this medicine during pregnancy. Consult with your doctor for a better understanding of the safe usage of this medicine.
- Do not share your medicine with anyone. Sharing or giving away your medication is against the law.
If you lose or skip a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is time for the next dose of Hydrocodone, skip the missed dose.
Store the medicine of Hydrocodone in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Keep it at room temperature, away from moisture and direct sunlight. Do not flush the medication in the toilet and do not store it in the kitchen.