Showing 1–12 of 14 results
OXYCONTIN: The Best Pain Relieving Medication
Many different types of pain affect people in several various ways. What is suitable for you may not work for the other person? Because of this reason, there are several different types of meditations available to treat pain or any other illness you are suffering from.
OxyContin is one type of pain-relieving drug or meditation which comes in an immediate–release form and an extended-release form. OxyContin is not for occasional “as needed” use.
- OxyContin is usually used for longer-lasting pain from the late stages of long-term disease, usually cancer.
- It works by reconstructing the way the brain and the nervous system respond to pain.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OXYCONTIN AND OXYCODONE?
- These are the different versions of the same drug class called opioids. A type of drug or a group of medications that work similarly, and one uses it often to treat similar conditions.
- Both the drugs bind to the receptors in your brain and the spinal cord, block the pain signals, and stop the pain.
OxyContin is the brand-name medication of the extended-release form of oxycodone and long-lasting pain from the last stages of long-term disease.
Available in the forms of ;
- Immediate-release oral tablet
- Immediate-release oral capsule
- Immediate-release oral solution.
Oxycodone is the extended-release form that relieves moderate-severe pain in people, such as surgery or injury, and is expected to need long-term pain medication.
Only available in the form of
- Extended-release tablet.
The dosage should be on the basis of your medical condition and the response to the treatment.
Always consume the drug as prescribed by your doctor or harpist. Do not increase your dose; take meditation frequently, take it for a longer time than prescribed, or stop taking medicine. Even the discontinuation of the reflection should be appropriately followed as specified.
HOW LONG DOES OXYCONTIN STAY IN YOUR SYSTEM?
The stay may vary from person to person as everyone’s body is different and react to meditations differently.
OxyContin, for most people, would be fully clear from the blood within 24 hours. But can still be detected in the saliva, urine, or hair for a more extended period than blood.
WHAT ARE THE OXYCONTIN SIDE EFFECTS?
There are several side effects of OxyContin;
- Stopping this medication suddenly may cause withdrawal, mainly if you have used it for a long time or in high doses.
The most common withdrawal symptoms are restlessness, mood swings, anxiety, trouble sleeping, watery eyes, sweating, diarrhea, muscle aches, or sudden behavior changes.
- When someone uses OxyContin for a long time, it may not work as well. Do not consume this drug more than the prescribed amount, and talk with your doctor immediately if you feel the meditation isn’t working well.
- This meditation may even cause addiction. This risk may be more prominent if you have a substance use disorder such as overdose or addiction to drugs or alcohol. Take this drug exactly as prescribed to lower the chances of any side effects or any addiction.
- Sometimes, by using OxyContin, your pain may worsen, and the drug may not work for you at all; talk to your doctor right away.
- Always ask your doctor about the diet you need to follow because some food ingredients may work against OxyContin and increase side effects.
- This drug may make you drowsy, dizzy or lightheaded. Hence do not drive or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how this medicine affects you.
- OxyContin can cause severe constipation. To prevent this, take laxatives, drink many fluids, or increase the amount of fiber in your diet.
- You are using this meditation while pregnancy is highly restricted as it may cause severe unwanted effects, including withdrawal syndrome in your newborn baby.
PRECAUTIONS TO FOLLOW
- Do not break, chew, dissolve or crush the tablet of OxyContin while taking it. Swallow the pill as a whole with normal temperature water and take one tablet at a time.
- Measure the oral liquid concentrate with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medical cup. The average household teaspoon may not hold the right amount of liquid. It can cause differences in the measurement of liquid, causing the person to take a different amount of liquid every time, which isn’t good.
- Always listen to your doctor carefully and follow all the precautions, and your doctor needs to keep checking your progress while you are using this medicine.
- Do not drink alcohol, take prescriptions that contain alcohol, or use street drugs during your treatment. It may worsen your health and can cause several other life-threatening problems in your body.
OxyContin helps to relieve pain by changing the way the brain responds to the pain. It is highly addictive, and using it for a long time can cause several life-threatening problems if not used in a prescribed way by a medical professional. It is available in pills (20mgor 10mg) and liquid forms. Therefore one should take several precautions to minimize the side effects it can cause to your body.