Showing all 3 results
Showing all 3 results
The medication of Vicodin contains a combination of Acetaminophen and Hydrocodone. It is used for the treatment of moderate to severe pain. It is a combination of opioid pain reliever (narcotic analgesic) Hydrocodone and non-opioid pain reliever Acetaminophen. Hydrocodone present in Vicodin acts in the brain to alter how your body feels and responds to pain. Acetaminophen contributes in reducing fever.
Vicodin is not recommended for the treatment of patients under six years of age due to an increased risk of severe side effects.
How to use Vicodin
Never use this medicine in a more significant amount than prescribed. Hydrocodone may slow down your breathing. Consult with your doctor for safe usage of this medication. Take the medication exactly as prescribed. Follow all the directions given by your health care provider. An overdose can damage your liver.
Take the dosage of Vicodin precisely as prescribed, do not alter the dosage time and quantity. Carefully read the medication instructions provided at your prescription label before you start taking the dosage of Vicodin or whenever you get a refill. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand about the medication.
Dosage of Vicodin always depends on the medical condition of the patient, age, and response to the medication. The patient should never alter the treatment of this medicine, take it more often than prescribed, or continue it for a longer time without consulting health care provider. Any change in dosage may cause an overdose of Vicodin.
Take the dosages of Vicodin orally by mouth as directed by the physician, do not chew, crush, or snort it. Take this medicine with or without food. It is recommended to take the dosage of Vicodin after a meal if you have nausea. Consult with your doctor about other ways to prevent nausea. Swallow the pill as soon as you put it in your mouth with plenty of water. Do not presoak or lick the tablets.
Side effects of Vicodin
Consult with your doctor and get emergency medical help if you encounter any side effect or allergic effect to this medication, which may include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Shallow breathing
- Unusual thoughts
- Missed menstruation
- Sexual problem
- Liver problem
- Dark urine
- Excessive sweating
- Muscle stiffness
- Loss of coordination
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Uncontrolled muscle movements
- Pounding heartbeats
- Feeling tired
- Lack of balance or coordination
- Slurred speech
- Memory loss
Consult with your doctor if these side effects become severe and don’t go away.
- Consumption of this medicine may make you feel dizzy, do not drive any vehicle, or operate any machinery until you do not feel dizzy.
- Before taking the dosage of Vicodin, tell your doctor if you are allergic to it, or have any other allergies.
- Do not consume alcohol or any alcoholic beverage when you have a dose of this medicine.
- Do not take the medication of Vicodin if you have head injuries, asthma, breathing problem, kidney disease, or liver disease.
- Before having any surgery, tell your doctor about the products you are using, including prescription drugs.
- Older adults are more sensitive to the side effects of this medication.
- Do not use this medicine during pregnancy. Consult with your doctor for a better understanding of the safe usage of this medicine.
- Do not share your medicine with anyone. Sharing or giving away your medication is against the law.
Since this medication is used to treat severe pain, you are not likely to miss any of its doses. Skip the missed dose when it is time for the next dose. Do not double dose Vicodin. Consult with your doctor for a better understanding of missed doses of Vicodin.
Store the medicine at room temperature, away from moisture, direct sunlight, and heat. Do not flush the medication in the toilet and do not store it in the kitchen. Keep a record of your remaining medicine. Do not leftover your opioid drug. It is prone to be abused.