You Are Not Your Disability
Bill Gates, Emily Dickinson, Robert Frost, Abraham Lincoln, and Elvis Presley are a few names that made it big in their life. But making it big is not the only common thing amid them. They all showed signs of ADHD in their initial stages of childhood. Despite the disorder, one can outgrow from the label of “wired.” Additionally, to break the stigma, learning about ADHD is essential.
What is ADHD?
One of the shared neurodevelopmental disorders among kids and adults is ADHD. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is the root of hyperactive and impulsive behaviors in patients. People with ADHD also suffer from a short attention span and have concerns sitting still for long phases. Not only kids but grown-ups also suffer from ADHD. ADHD symptoms first start to parade in childhood and carry on to adulthood.
Symptoms of ADHD in Kids and Adult
ADHD in children is misunderstood as a child misbehaving, lacking good parenting, and being mean on purpose. But these symptoms are more inkling towards ADHD:
- Your kid is always interrupting whenever someone else is speaking. They face trouble in staying quiet or listening to someone for a long time.
- They have issues waiting for their turn and are often daydreaming. ADHD kids do not play quietly and are usually loud sometimes.
- They keep forgetting things and homework. It often results in unfinished tasks and piling up of assignments.
- They can get distracted, lose focus, and indulge in other activities. It makes them more prone to committing mistakes.
People still believe that only kids have ADHD. ADHD symptoms evolve with age. On the contrary, an adult might not show signs that the children lead. Nonetheless, some ADHD signs in Adult are mentioned below:
- a) It’s hard to focus your attention when someone is talking, or you often forget small details. Additionally, you fail to meet deadlines. You always forget something or other.
- b) While inattention is one of the symptoms, the flip side is highly engrossed in something. Where you often lose track of time or your surroundings. You are often focusing on now rather than the future or past.
- c) While it is common to be not organized, you often have it more hectic. It is hard to stick to a schedule. You find it hard to concentrate on the trouble, or you are often procrastinating.
- d) You often interrupt others in conversation. Furthermore, you find yourself acting socially inappropriate, rushing through tasks, and making impulsive decisions.
- e) You feel emotions in flux; you can quickly become bored, and at other moments you will be seeking adventure. Small stress may seem to be intolerable, and it can cause mood swings and depression.
- f) You are dependent on Tobacco, alcohol, or other things regularly, which is hampering your health.
ADHD and Its Medication
ADHD touches roughly 5% of citizens in the USA alone. More than 60% of mature people still display signs of ADHD. It is impossible to cure ADHD or halt the symptoms completely. But we can bring it down using medicines or therapy. Some commonly renowned treatments consist of Adderall or Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine or Ritalin.
However, Adderall has proven to work wonders by modifying certain naturally occurring chemicals in your brain. Additionally, it re-establishes neurotransmitters’ special effects, such as dopamine and norepinephrine, in your mind. It changes hyperactivity, attention span, and impulsive behavior in the patient. Hence, it aids a person in being more organized and develops their attention span.
Generic Adderall is available in strength of 5 mg, 10 mg, 12.5 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg and 30 mg. The best dosage is Generic Adderall 10 mg and has proven to be a bane for many patients. The Adderall 10 mg pills come with an imprint of ADDERALL XR 10 mg on it. It is available in Blue color and tablets or capsule-shape. Adderall 10mg is available as both immediate-release (IR) and extended-release (XR) formulations.
One can get Adderall 10 mg with a prescription only. This is because it is a schedule 2 controlled substance under the Controlled Substance Act (CSA). Furthermost, the effects of 10mg Adderall IR will usually last around four to six hours. While for 10mg Adderall XR, a dosage will last from ten to twelve hours. You should consult your physician before consuming any medication.